Although National Taiwan University Library has closed due to the COVID-19, the library offers Pick From Shelf Service to fulfill the needs of readers of NTU in borrowing books. Pick from Shelf is a service that will pull materials from NTU Libraries’ shelves and place them on hold for you at the library. (2021/5/17~2021/7/30)
Adjustments regarding library services during the epidemic prevention period, please refer to Announcement.
How do I place a Pick From Shelf Request?
1. Look for your required books on the online catalog, SLIM, then check whether the current status is “Item in place“, which indicate them as available for online request.
3. Click “Request” after you login in.
4. Please click “Send Request”. For example, the book is limited to pick up at the Main Library.
A confirmation message “Request placed” is shown if the request is successful.
5. You are able to check, confirm or cancel your request in “My circulation record“ after you login to your account.
6. Time is required for processing your request. Please wait patiently and come to get your book until the notification is sent to your e-mail account.
7. The areas applicable for this service include open stack area, Reference Collections, loanable items in Multimedia Center, open stack area of Special collections, etc.
8. For the service adjustment and opening hours of each branch libraries, please refer to new announcements on their corresponding websites:
- ASRS Service Center
- Medical Library
- Social Sciences Library (Koo Chen-Fu Memorial Library)
- Law library
- Library of the Department of Mathematics
- Library of the Department of Physics
- Library of the Department of Chemistry
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Institute of Oceanography Library
Subject Services Division
National Taiwan University Library