Introduction to SLIM: How to access branch libraries’ and multimedia center’s resources?
NTUL has started to use the new system which called Systems for Library Information Management (SLIM), since October 11th, 2018. In this article, we would introduce the method of access branch libraries’ and multimedia center’s resources. 【中文說明請見此文章：SLIM雲端圖書館自動化系統介紹(9)如何查詢分館、多媒體中心館藏】
If you want to search the collections of specific branches or multimedia centers, there are two methods for searching.
First, please select the scope of cataloging before searching. Steps are as follows:
- Click on the magnifier button to call out the menu of searching scope.
- Choosing different library or “Multimedia Service Center”.
- Type the keyword and click on the magnifier button again for searching.
Second, limiting the library catalog from the searching result.
- Type in the keyword for searching.
- There is a filter to refine the result on the left hand side of the result page. You can click in “Library” and select different library collections from the result.
Further Reading: Guide for NTU Library SLIM system
Written by Hugo Kam, Intern from The University of Hong Kong.