Web of Science Core Collection (WOS) is a research platform for sciences, social sciences, art and humanities disincline and it integrates several databases, such as, Science Citation Index Expanded – SCIE, Social Sciences Citation Index – SSCI and Biological Abstracts etc. If you want to know more about which journal title is involved in SCI or SSCI databases, you may utilize Thomson Reuters “Master Journal List”. 【中文說明請見此文章：如何得知期刊是否收錄於Web of Science資料庫？】
1. Procedure of browsing journal title/subject in Master Journal List:
Step1. Go to “Master Journal List” website.
Step2. Browse the journal lists provided and Select the database title below.
- SCIE stands for Science Citation Index Expanded
- SSCI stands for Social Sciences Citation Index
Step3. You may choose to “View journal list” or “View subject category”.
- “View journal list” — Click the first letter of journal titles on the top of the alphabetical bar.
- “View subject category” — Select the subjects of journal titles in a drop-down menu.
2. Procedure of searching journal title/subject in Master Journal List:
If you are not certain about the databases or disciplines which cover certain journals, we suggest you to use searching function to find the journal titles.
Step1. Go to “Master Journal List” website
Step2. Type journal title or ISSN in search box
Step3. Type the keywords in search terms. Assume that we are looking for a science journal. Type “science” in search terms à Select “Full Journal Title” as search type à Click “Search”.
Step4. In the searching results page, click “Coverage” to view which database is covered science journals.
Written by YoYo Cheung, Intern from The University of Hong Kong.